Thursday, February 4, 2010

Crocheted Flower

 "What I make with my hands, I give with my heart"

This pretty little flower is quick and simple to make,
Sew it to a barrette, hat, pin it to your jacket or even tie it to your flip flops. You will need to know how to make a chain stitch, half double, double and triple crochet.
  If you don't know how to crochet, I will begin showing you how to learn the basic stitches in crocheting on Thursdays. Join me for  Crochet class with Renee'. Crocheting is great for kids as well. Do a mom and son/daughter time while learning a new skill!
Before Thursday buy a skein of yarn and a size G, H or I crochet hook. These will be perfect for practicing.

Instructions for the crocheted flower:
  •  Chain 6, slip stitch
  • Chain 3,
  • Make 14 double crochets into the center of the ring
  • Slip stitch into the top of the chain 3
Now your ready to make the petal
In the first stitch make these 3 stitches
  • 1 half double crochet, 1 double crochet, 1 triple crochet
In the next stitch
  • 1 triple crochet, 1 double crochet, 1 half double crochet
  • Now chain 1and slip stitch into the next stitch
Repeat to make a total of 5 petals
  • slip stitch into the last stitch
cut the end of the yarn, pull through the last stitch to tie off.
weave the loose ends of yarn into the back of the flower

Now wasn't that easy. Email me if you have questions or problems
reneesworkshop@yahoo.com

See you on Thursdays for Crochet Class  with Renee'